Thursday, July 26, 2007

Humor in Cooking!!

I made some lentils(moong dal ka sabji) today! When I sat down for dinner I got to know that they were not cooked properly! I ate the stuff but wanted to cook the sabji (I generally take the same sabji to lunch next morn) that was left! SO I added some water and left it to boil on the stove! And as you might have guessed I forgot entirely about it! When I went back it was burnt mostly in the lowest layer! I started saving what was left! As I did that I had three distinctly burnt components::
First Order Burn Sabji:: Eatable not very different from well(or rather extremely well) cooked curry! Saved up to be taken for lunch!!
Second Order Burn Sabji:: Eatable only if you like roast curry or if you are a grad student suffering random pangs of hunger! Saved up reluctantly expecting a hunger pang soon!!
Third Order Sabji:: As black as Konkana Sen Sharma's hair. Sent to the bin!!

LOL!!!

4 comments:

N said...

LOL! Hungry? Yet? :P

prasanna venkatesh.b said...

Haha! Not yet! When you mess up for the first time you are angry with yourself but once you keep doing it for a period of time you see the humour in it!

I love Lucy said...

Good luck washing that particular pot and getting it to look like its original self!!!

-smitha

prasanna venkatesh.b said...

Thanks for visiting the blog Smitha, I used a non stick pan for cooking this but I can assure you it is slowly becoming a sticky pan!!:)